Having taught at both primary and secondary level before moving into educational publishing I have a very good understanding of the stresses and strains of working in school.
Academic studies have shown how mindfulness helps teachers improve their attention (Flook et al, 2012) and working memory (Roeser et al, 2013), as well as help their own wellbeing by being better able to deal with stress.
I have a range of experience in delivering mindfulness training in educational settings including:
• Festival of Education 2018 – four one-hour workshops for a total of 80 teachers and pupils
• Festival of Education 2019 – two one-hour mindfulness workshops for 60 teachers
• Italy Nov-Dec 2019 – I ran a pilot of a four-week mindfulness course (one in English, one in Italian) for 65 teachers at the Italian Ministry of Education in Rome
• January 2020 – I presented a Mindfulness Introductory session to 150 teachers at the annual Unity Partnership conference
• March 2020 – workshops for 40 Year 11 and 12 students to introduce them to mindfulness techniques to help as part of exam preparation.
To explore how I could help you with your school’s mental health and wellbeing requirements through mindfulness please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01865 964165.